Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I don't like minimum days

I'll tell you why I don't like minimum school days: it messes up my schedule! Depending on what time Michael wakes up in the morning, I put him down for a nap between 10 and 11. This works great when Ethan gets out of school at 2:20. He wakes up by 1:30 and we are out the door by 2 to pick up Ethan. On minimum days, Ethan gets out at 12:45. I need to leave the house by 12:30 to go get him. That's not a very long nap if he goes down at 11. And he only takes one nap.

So today he was acting tired at 10. Ok, perfect. Except he never fell asleep. I kept trying to get him to sleep but nope. So I had no choice but to keep him up, which meant cranky baby. He had an afternoon nap today instead and he didn't wake up until 4. Usually he goes to bed between 6-7. That's not very long between sleepy times. Now he's staying up later which means I stay up later.

We ran a couple errands in an attempt of mine to tire the boys out. I first took them to get some dinner, then we went to Sam's to pick up a couple things. I did pretty good by myself and the boys were good.

So in short, I'm ready for bed!

No comments: