Thursday, September 1, 2011

You'd think...

You'd think that at the end of the day, when it's been a cranky day, and I have to wake up at 6:30, that I would be snoozing away at 12:45am. But NOOO! My brain keeps thinking about all the stuff I want to do tomorrow or this weekend or next week or this bill that needs paid or Ethan's back to school night (in 3 weeks) or his first field trip (in 4 weeks...to the county fair!). Ugh! I can't even do anything about these things right now.

I've tried silencing my brain...nope
I've tried focusing on breathing...nope
I've tried visualizing peace and sleep...nope

Hopefully blogging about it will get it off my brain and send me to dreamland!

I'm glad tomorrow is Thursday. Then one more day and maybe I can sleep in. I'm glad there's no school on Monday. It will be a nice break. It's been a little rough adjusting, Ethan gets tired too but he loves school. So worth it!

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

I agree, it's a huge adjustment, esp with a younger one at home. I am glad Ethan is liking school and that he is adjusting well. It would be even harder if he were upset and crying everyday (like I see some of the 1st graders still doing). You are doing great though... I am impressed you are walking him everyday!!