Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Mundane

I'm about to blow your mind with how exciting our week has been. Well...not really. It's mostly been mundane, with a couple of doozies thrown in there.

The biggest one is the water heater. Oy! We came home from running errands Saturday, ready to give the boys a bath, and no hot water. Wha? The pilot light went out on the heater. Only catch was, that after it was lit, it wouldn't catch what it was supposed to and ended up smothering out. Boo! What a blessing to live near Jason's parents because we just loaded up the boys and took them over there for baths. Jason's dad came and looked at it but couldn't fix it. So the rest of the weekend no hot water. We called the gas company Monday and they came and looked, said it needed new parts but that would have to come from the manufacturer. Ugh. Well, Jason's parents just purchased a new one and Jason helped his dad install it Monday afternoon. Thank you! From the bottom of our hearts.

Somehow we lost water pressure in the kitchen sink, which ended up being an easy fix. The filter on the faucet got plugged. We pulled it out and voila! Water! So thank you again to Don and Jeannie for saving our butts.

The other crazy thing, is that my email got hacked. Someone got into it and changed the password on it from the inside. I couldn't check my email for 2 days. Ugh. It's fixed now, but I am going to get a new email and gradually start using it instead.

The rest of the week has been kind of uneventful but I'm grateful for that because it means nothing crazy is happening.

I want to say congrats to my cousin, who just moved into her first house this past weekend. No one deserves it more than her. And one of my dear friends is having a very hard time right now with some personal stuff and I wish her the best and hope everything works out for her. Love ya chica!


Tomorrow is Thursday, which is followed by Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: