Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wednesday Night Musings

Today was a nice day. Although Jason had to teach very early this morning, he was done by 11. We were able to have lunch together and then he went to the office to catch up on some work. It was nice to have him home earlier than usual.

I can't believe how fast time flies. In less than 2 weeks, my oldest starts Kindergarten. Right now he is excited...hopefully that feeling stays. I enjoyed school, for the most part. Math was my biggest adversary. It's not that I was bad at it, I just couldn't get excited about it...not like reading. I enjoyed high school the most because I was lucky to be involved in both band and choir. I am one of the few people I know, who would go back to high school, but mainly for the arts. Someone asked, recently, on Facebook what books we read in high school and would recommend. I couldn't think of a single one, because I just don't remember. My heart was in band and choir.

So I hope Ethan enjoys school like I did!

Michael amazes me everyday. He understands so much and boy is he stubborn! If he doesn't get what he wants, it's a good 30 min tantrum. He loves M&Ms, just like his big brother. Ethan called them Emmies. Michael calls them yum yums. So cute. But he gets mad when he doesn't get them. I just have to let him cry for awhile, especially if he hasn't eaten anything healthy first. Can't have dessert before dinner!

Tomorrow, Jason will be traveling to Oceanside. He has to teach there the next day, so he gets a hotel the night before so he doesn't have to wake up so early. I am so glad we have a stable routine for the boys' bedtime because it makes it easier when I'm the only one putting them to bed. The rest of our week should be interesting. We have family dinners, housewarmings and birthday parties all within about 5 days. Hopefully, I will have lots of pictures and stories to tell! Hope everyone has a good night!

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

I am with you on the band thing. Although I did study a lot and get good grades in high school... I dont remember much of the academics. :) Color Guard was my passion.