Friday, August 12, 2011

Party Time

My cousin Janet flew in from Texas this week for her work, but she had time for a family get together. She also had her 14 year old son with her, so it was kind of like a little family reunion.

I headed up to Riverside after Michael's nap and helped my mom set up the table at my grandpa's house. Ethan helped put the leaves in the big dining room table and he was so proud that he could help. No one was really there yet, so I got to visit with my mom and aunt for awhile.

My cousin Ashley got there next, and she had her 2 little girls with her. Ethan was so happy to play with his cousin and Michael "tried" to play with the other baby. When Janet got there, she had brought desserts, and boy did she bring it! There were 6 pies! Coconut Cream, Chocolate Cream, Banana Cream, Pecan, Peach and Apple. Whew! And what a sweetheart she was, she knew I didn't like pie, so she brought me a special donut. Thanks again Janet!

My other aunt arrived on her heels with dinner. Mexican! She lives by a great taco place so she got a bunch of tacos and all the fixings. Yummy! Dinner was great, but the best part was visiting with everyone. I am so thankful to have a big family. It makes get togethers so lively, and no matter what room you end up in (cuz you're chasing kids), you always have a great conversation to jump into.

I did take pictures, but by the time I got home, it was late and I wanted to spend some time with my hubby, who got home from San Diego today. So pictures to come! I got some great ones!

No comments: