Friday, August 19, 2011

I love being a parent, but I hate having sick kids.

I just feel so helpless when my little ones aren't feeling their best. The day I went to see my mom this week, I had an allergy attack. This is not rare for me. My nose ran, I sneezed like a machine gun and the next day I ended up with a sore throat from it all. But my kids were ok so I didn't think much of it. But late yesterday afternoon, out of the blue, Michael starts having a runny nose. Babies and runny noses are not fun. Constant wiping, cuz that stuff gets everywhere. I use a cloth diaper like a handkerchief because it keeps the nose from getting irritated. Anyways, he had a difficult time falling asleep because of this, on top of his room being very hot. At one point last night, we had 3 fans going in there. He also had a hard time staying asleep. He was miserable! Nothing we could really do to help. So mommy and daddy were zombies today because we didn't get good sleep either. Daddy had it worse though cuz he had to get up at 5am for work.

He felt better today but still not tip top. He did go to sleep better and he's sleeping soundly. I hope he feels better in the morning!

No comments: