Monday, August 22, 2011

My baby started Kindergarten

On the day Ethan was born, it seemed like it would be an eternity before he would go to school. All of a sudden, he's 5 and 1/2 and starting kindergarten! Where did my baby go? The time flew by, and although I'm not like most moms, wishing I could have kept him a baby longer ( I really hate changing diapers), I do kind of wish this time would go a bit slower, because it is such a huge part of life. I'm going to blink, and he will be in high school! It's just so amazing.

Growing up, I knew I wanted to be a mom, and now, on the flip side, I find myself asking my mom questions about how she worked school lunches or lunch money, and what questions I should ask the teachers. My memory of being in school doesn't prepare me for the behind the scenes aspect of it. I find it all fascinating.

I'm going to post pictures later of him in his uniform, getting ready to go into class, but I just wanted to get a few thoughts down first. This wasn't a long blog but I'll get another one up tonight.

No comments: