Friday, April 4, 2008

Faith by Experience

Jason and I have been trying to clean out our room to make space for Ethan to run around in and also to get rid of junk. Also, this is kind of in preperation of moving when that time comes. (Very far in the future)

Anyways, we ended up with two bags of trash. So Jason was putting Ethan to bed, and I was going to take the trash out. I got both out and then decided to take out the kitchen trash. THEN I decided to take out the diaper pal and the bathroom trash too. On this third trip out, I looked up because I heard a police search helicopter. I felt like I needed to go back inside, but I brushed it off. Right away, I felt the impression again. I stopped walking, and looked to see where the helicopter was searching. It came right down Barranca (which is our main cross street). The third and final impression came to get inside the house. I listened. I left the trash by the front door and locked it behind me. Nothing has happened, but I didn't want to find out. I have NEVER felt impressed upon so strongly by the spirit, and I really feel like I needed to listen, regardless if anything bad happened or not.

When I came inside the house, I felt like I needed to write this down. Many prophets have spoken, saying that we need to keep journals. This is the closest thing I have to it right now. We also recently had a lesson in relief society about writing down our day to day experiences as well as any spiritual insights we have had. So I feel like this is something I needed to do.

I would like to share my testimony, which I don't do very often, but feel like I should right now.
I know that this church is true and that it is guided by prophets who walk this Earth here in our modern day. I know that God listens to our prayers and that He answers us. I also know that He watches over us and communicates with us through the Holy Spirit. I know this, because it happened to me tonight. I know that God loves us and He wants the very best for us. I know that the Gospel is true and that The Book of Mormon is a testament of Jesus Christ in addition to the Bible. I pray that anyone who doubts this will at least read it for themselves and pray to God for an answer of it's truth. I love the Lord! I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: