Friday, May 1, 2009

Orchids Galore! Oh, and I went to Plam Springs...

On April 1st, Ethan and I drove down to Palm Springs to hang out with my mom, grandma and aunt, who were down there at a timeshare. We went to an orchid farm, because my aunt LOVES them, and then we did a couple other things. I took alot of pictures here because I had my nice camera with me. Hope you enjoy them!




This cool weeping willow tree was outside the orchid farm.

Cactus flower

Close-up of tree

There are a lot of orchids, so I won't type for all of them.




They also cultivated venus fly traps.








This was only one greenhouse....it was like a sea of orchids.









Auntie with some yellow orchids.

After the orchid farm we went to Pioneer Town. It was really old, but I found it interesting that some people actually lived there.
Ethan and Grandma at a well pump.

Someone was naughty and ended up in jail.

Help!

Pumping. Too bad there was no water.

Ethan with a dwarf pony.

This cool tree had blossoms that reminded me of Hawaiian lays.

Grandma and Auntie

We found a big spider on the way back to the timeshare...

We had a fun time visting everyone.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

My mom is going to LOVE this post!

Roundy Clan said...

Aren't new cameras so fun! What kind did you get? We are going to be getting me a new one in like a month and I am way excited. Nice flower pictures. I have been dying to take some flower pictures too.