Friday, February 6, 2009

Update

Well, I have posted some new blogs with different things we have been doing around here. We haven't really done that much, so that's why I haven't been blogging. But some things have happened.

Jason and I have been working on getting Ethan potty trained. I didn't want to say anything, because I didn't want to jinx it. He has been doing a great job. He will tell us when he needs to pee on the potty, but still hasn't pooped on it yet. So we have had a few of those accidents. But very few pee ones anymore. I can't tell you how nice it is not to change diapers anymore. And although the poop is still a mess, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

We were invited to dinner by another couple at our new church Wednesday night. They have 3 kids, so it was kinda crazy, but it was the first time we've had dinner with anyone from church...ever. No one has invited us over before. It was very nice. So hopefully we will have some new friends soon!

My friend Katie had her baby last week. Kayla Lynn Roundy, 9 lbs 5oz and 21 in. long. Big baby, but cute as a button. Katie had a few complications but is home and better now.

Last week, Jason came home from work early because his chest was hurting and his right arm went numb. It has taken me a week to write about this, because it's been hard for me to deal with. My mom came and watched Ethan and I took Jason to the ER. They took chest X-rays, drew blood and ran an EKG. Everything came back normal, so they released him. They think that stress was the main cause. So the next day we went to his regular doctor. This was last Friday. He was feeling slightly dizzy that morning and just a little queasy. So the doctor referred him to a Neurologist, and to get an MRI of his brain, and to see a heart doctor. There is a possibility that he has migraines, and sometimes you can get them without the headache. Who knew? So we are trying to get those things scheduled. I will keep everyone updated when I know anything more. So far, Jason feels fine, so that's a good thing.

The last thing I want to write about is the death of Jason's grandmother, Carole on Tuesday. She has been suffering from cancer in her jaw. Her last surgery didn't go well, and she developed a staff infection. So it was just a matter of time. It was a relief to see her pass, because she was in so much pain, and she couldn't speak anymore. Jason's grandfather has cancer too, and we think he might follow Carole soon. It would be for the best, since he is starting to lose coherency now. It would be nice for them to be together again.

So that's what has been going on with us. A lot, but not at the same time. I will try to keep this better updated, but if we aren't doing anything, I can't really blog...LOL!

No comments: