Saturday, February 4, 2012

Halfway

I am about halfway thru my pregnancy. 20 weeks baby. And that means I can get my ultrasound to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I'm nervous and excited. I feel like there is a lot of pressure on me to have a girl, since we just have boys. It's not bad pressure, heaven knows I would love to have a girl. But I don't want anybody to be disappointed if it's another boy. The running joke is that we make the boys and everyone else makes girls. The only boy cousins are my brother Dean's kids in Idaho. The rest are girls.

The ultrasound is Monday. Jason got the day off so he gets to go with me. My mom will be coming up to watch the boys for us.

I was re-reading my past blogs from my pregnancy with Michael, and was reminded that this was the time when I found out I had placenta previa with him. (It fixed itself before a C-section was needed) But it got me thinking: am I at a higher risk for it again since I had it before? I did some research, and yes I am at a higher risk. I'm mentally preparing myself for it so I won't be shocked if I have it. And it's actually making me worry less about the gender of our child, because really, all we want is a healthy child and pregnancy. It doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. Not in the grand scheme of things.

I haven't taken any pregnancy pictures yet because I haven't felt like I look pregnant. Today I did. So maybe I will get some up here soon.

As with all my pregnancies, I lost weight in the first trimester. I started out at 188. Yikes! At my last appointment I was laughing, because the nurse said I gained 2 pounds and I was 180. So that means I lost 10 first and then gained to back. Pregnancy: Best. Diet. Ever. At least for me. I'm glad I don't tend to put a lot of weight on, because I have such a hard time losing it afterwards.

I didn't have much morning sickness with this one either. Slight nausea but no sickness, and it didn't feel as bad as it did with the boys. I've felt pretty good so far, though recently my pelvis has been stretching and moving, so it hurts a little when I try to shift my position. But other than that, it's a very easy pregnancy. If I have cravings, once I feed it, it goes away. Like, I really wanted peaches, which aren't in season, but I bought some canned ones and once I had them I was good. Overall, I've preferred to have healthy, fresh foods over processed or overly rich foods. Double helping of salad please!

Anyways, I hadn't really written any pregnancy stuff down, so I wanted to get it out before I forgot. It was really nice to look back on my previous blogs, so I want to do the same again. Thanks for listening!

No comments: