Friday, March 27, 2009

Disneyland!

Last week we went to Disneyland because Jason had a day off, so we made a day of it. We intended not to stay all day but we ended up leaving around 6pm. Who knew? Anyways, I will write as I go, so you will know which pictures go with what.



We went to California Adventure first and decided to go see the Aladdin show there. We thought it was going to be a tiny little production. NOPE! This was like an off-broadway production. It was really good! And Ethan sat through it good also.

Here is Ethan in his seat.

Cave of Wonders

Prince Ali riding in on his elephant.

Meeting Jasmine

Jafar after turning into a genie.

Happily ever after.
Seriously, go see Aladdin if you can it was really good and the guy who played Genie was AWESOME! He made the show incredible.

Ethan posing with Wall-E at California Adventure. He actually posed this way himself.

Killing time before Playhouse Disney show.

After Aladdin, we rode Monster's Inc. and then decided to go see Playhouse Disney. It was a pretty good show, but you have to sit on the floor. The knees don't work so well on us anymore...heehee. It was pretty good, but it was also packed. Nice to see once, but I don't think we would go again.

Bubbles coming down at Playhouse Disney.

Ethan in awe.
Disneyland! We went to Disneyland because we have been wanting to go to Pirate's Lair (previously known as Tom Sawyer's Island). Everytime we have gone, it has been closed. Jason kept talking it up, and I had a very "whatever" attitude, but when we finally got over there, I see what he means. It is an amusement park inside of a park. If you have high energy kids, this is the place to go. Lots of things to see and explore. Very much like a nature hike. But if you are claustrophobic, don't go. There are caves in there that are a very tight squeeze.

Ethan was doing his marching band thing he does down main street. Do I have a future drummajor? Hahaha!

Sign to Pirate's Lair.

Pumping water with Dad.

Climbing the "spider web"

My boys!

"Ar! Where be my treasure?"

ARR! He was trying to make a pirate face.

Ok, there was this cool ray of light coming in one of the caves, and I HAD to try and take a picture. Only problem is that I didn't have a tripod, and my camera doesn't really take pictures like that. So this is the best I got. Not bad, but it is blurry. I had to turn the flash off to get it.

Ethan and Jason in the treehouse.

Cool waterfall at the base of the treehouse. Jason took this picture. His version came out better than mine.

Me and Ethan after coming down from the treehouse.

My little family!

We stopped to get a treat and I liked this flower bush.

Purdy

Ethan eating a fritter. I personally didn't like the fritter.

So we had a GREAT time and hope to go again soon, but it will be awhile since we have been super busy and will be super busy!

No comments: