Friday, January 16, 2009

My Hummingbird

Okay, my friend Sarah wondered about my hummingbird picture, so this is mainly to answer her, but in case anyone else was wondering:

When we went to Palm Springs a couple of months ago, the zoo down there had an arboretem with butterflies, which also houses a few hummingbirds. This bird sits in this tree all the time. And it's so used to people, it will let them pretty much walk up and take pictures of it. I soooo wish I would have had a better camera to get an even better picture, but this came out pretty good. I really lucked out! Crystal's mom has also flattered me very much by requesting it so she can have it. It really touched me that someone liked one of my pictures enough to actually hang it their house! Anyways, when Crystal asked that I send it to her for her mom, I thought I should put it up as my main picture for a little while. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Pure Images said...

It's a great picture!

Roundy Clan said...

I am with you on this one Cari. It's so nice when someone else likes one of your pictures as much as you do! Congrats. I was just going to write a similar blog so don't be surprised when you read one on mine that sound practically the same. haha :D

Pure Images said...

I think you need to blog again. This is from January!