Tuesday, July 22, 2008

4th of July

Okay, I know this is late, but we have actually had a really busy month. I haven't felt like blogging either...I mean, I wanted to put all this stuff up here, but I have been too tired, and the idea of actually sitting down and doing it, has been daunting. So, I backtrack to the 4th of July!

We decided to hang out with some friends in Riverside this year, since the things that my family wanted to do weren't very kid-friendly. So we had a BBQ with my friend Sarah (who I went to high school with, and was in band with) and her husband Paul, and my Jacob, who has become a friend of Jason's now too. Sarah and Paul had us over to her parents house(who were out of town) and we had a nice little BBQ and played some video games. They had some fish, so Ethan got to feed the fish. They also had a nice backyard that he could just run around in. After we ate, we drove over to Flabob Airport in Rubidoux, where my grandpa keeps his plane, and we sat on the runway to watch the fireworks go off. We were there pretty late, because some of the fireworks launched early and caught the mountain on fire, but they got it put out and finally launched the rest. It was a pretty good display. Anyways, we had fun, and it was nice to do something with our friends. Here are some pictures!


Jason and Sarah helping Ethan feed the fish
The men BBQing
Ethan showing how much space there was!
Playing in the toys they had there.
(from left to right) Paul, Sarah, Jason, Ethan and Jacob. That's the nose of my grandpa's plane behind Jacob's head.
Premature fireworks
Jason and Ethan
My boys

I know they are blurry but not too bad for a regular old camera

I think this is the best one I got
The fire on the mountain, but my hand was shaking so that's why it looks funny.But I think it's kinda cool.
Tired boy



No comments: